Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tomato : a veg or fruit?


Tomato can be both- a veg or a fruit. If i eat it raw, then it's a fruit, but when cooked it's a vegetable. That's what tomato is to me :)

I love cooked tomatoes. It is soft, smooth and easy to digest. It added that colour and sweet - sourly flavour to my clear soups. Simply delicious. And do you know that eating cooked tomato is better than raw? I know that most of the vitamin C is lost from the cooking process, but you can always find Vit C from other food sources. But here's what we will be benefiting from cooked tomotoes..

"Tomatoes have long been known to be a good source of lycopene, the phytochemical which makes them red but which also has significant antioxidant properties. Now new research has shown that this antioxidant power can be boosted even more through the simple act of cooking the tomatoes."

Now, that you know, you will find tomatoes in most of my soup recipes because I simply loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment